Sunshine and Roaring Pandas

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Meet my new students

On Monday, I was surprised to learn that our kindergarten students were going to watch a puppet show during second period. 

That's Clara, she's a sweet, adorable, chatty kindergarten student.

I don't remember watching puppet shows when I was younger, but these little ones were enraptured.

The students learned about strangers, bad touching, and the real names instead of the kiddie slang words for the different parts of the body that shouldn't be touched. It was intense for 5 or 6 year olds. Although Korean is not allowed at school as a general rule (so they're constantly practicing their English), the puppet theater was in Korean. I understood about 60% of the Korean the puppets were speaking.

Here's a short video of the puppet show. It starts off with bathroom humor, which I loved and so did the students :). 

So cute. Really. Makes me want to pinch their cheeks.