Sunshine and Roaring Pandas

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dinner with new friends

I made dinner for two of my new friends today. Normally we meet at a coffee shop on Sundays as conversation partners, but I offered to cook 'dakjjim' because I wanted to test my skills on a native Korean. 

This dish has lots of veggies.

Seriously, it was soooo good!

I made about half of the side dishes, my aunt gave me the rest. Lauren and Daniesha brought dessert, ice cream and Asian pear.

It was a success. I was really proud of my braised chicken and I'm going to continue to use www.Maangchi.com as a source for simple Korean recipes. Lauren, my Korean friend, guided Daniesha and I to a bookstore after dinner.

I bought a simple Korean cookbook with Lauren's help. Hopefully it helps me learn Korean and how to cook at the same time. I'm excited :)